- Open Excel and enter ‘1’ or the starting number for your list in a cell.
- Beginning with this cell, highlight all the cells that will be in the list.
- Click Edit on the menu bar, select Fill from the drop-down list and select Series from the menu that appears. A dialog box opens.
- In the ‘Series In’ section, select column or row depending on how your selected cells run.
- In the Type section, choose Linear.
- In the ‘Step value’, choose how you want the list to count:
If you choose two for a step value, the generated list becomes 1, 3, 5 etc.
- Click OK to generate your list.